Spring cleaning our external environment and internal landscape also clears
space for new growth and expansion.
Here are two additional rituals to
consider this Spring:
30 day digital detox
- Set aside one day per week cto be ompletely free of all
technology. Unplug from your phone. Avoid the internet, email, texts, and social media.
- Try turning your phone off for one hour per day.
- Limit your social media time to a specific one-hour block
purge the clutter & chaos
- Remove anything you have not worn from your closet
and drawers within the past year. Donate!
- Rise 20 minutes earlier every day to practice a sitting
- Take inventory of the top 5 - 10 people you spend the
most time with in your life. Notice which relationships
are positive and fulfilling. Spend more time nurturing
relationships with those who nurture you back.
30 day clean
This is a balanced and sustainable way to eliminate toxins
and identify allergens.
EAT ONLY THESE (EVERYTHING ORGANIC)
- Fruit and vegetables
- Whole grains (brown rice, quinoa, millet)
- Fresh-Pressed organic oils (olive, coconut, hemp)
and/or ghee (clarified butter)
- Nuts and seeds
- Herbal teas, coconut water and fresh juice
SKIP THESE COMPLETELY
- Meat and dairy
- Bread and pasta
- Wheat, corn, and soy
- Fried, packaged, and canned food
- Anything containing an ingredient you cannot pronounce
cleansing with herbs
Usually marketed as a full-body cleanse, liver cleanse, colon
cleanse, or parasite cleanse. Average duration is anywhere
from 5-30 days.
- Aids in the detoxification process by enhancing the body’s natural ability to repair damage.
- Addresses multiple body imbalances simultaneously.
- Can eliminate harmful bacteria and other organisms.
- Kickstarts a health regimen by resetting and restoring the system.
- Eliminates cravings and breaks one out of destructive eating
cycles and alcohol binging.
- Use a high-quality product that contains only organic, herbal
ingredients free of additives, binders, fillers, or other unnecessary and sometimes toxic material.
- Most herbal cleanses also allow complementary whole foods,
but proper nutrition is critical to receive the greatest benefit
from a detox. Make sure you are educated in terms of wise
food choices and the timing of meals with herbs.
- Many herbal laxatives are packaged as cleansing aids, but can
cause more harm than good. An increased number of trips to
the bathroom does not indicate a more successful detox.
If a good herbal formula is used and a proper nutritional program followed, an herbal cleanse can serve as a powerful method
for healing, eliminating stress and toxicity in the body, and restoring balance. The corresponding nutritional program should
increase alkalinity, decrease inflammation, break destructive eating habits, eliminate cravings, and support implementation of a
healthy lifestyle. An herbal cleanse can also identify the existence
of deeper imbalances that need to be addressed.
IMPORTANT NOTE: It is best to work with someone who is skilled in the science of cleansing to ensure you are conducting any program safely and effectively. It is also important to
consult your doctor or healthcare provider before starting any regimen. Safe and proper
cleansing takes time, attention, and dedication.
Nykki Hardin is a Natural Health and Lifestyle Educator and founder of Reset Self Cleanse.
She combines her knowledge and expertise in nutrition, herbs, and the mind, body, spirit
connection with her experience working at cleansing and fasting resorts, in a metabolic
testing lab, and in health education. She believes in the body’s inherent intelligence
and ability to heal, and is dedicated to sharing and teaching the tools and information necessary to thrive in today’s busy, overactive world. Resetself.com, Nykki@resetself.com